Sine ID check requires visitors to present and scan their US-issued drivers licence as part of the check-in process.
- This feature is available to US Customers only
- This feature is available on all plan types
- An iPad running SinePoint Pro 1.12 or newer
- A compatible iPad stand with either an opening for the rear camera or ID scanning tray:
This feature needs to be activated by Sine. To get started, please contact us by using the chat bubble at the bottom right of this screen.
- Once activated by Sine, you can configure ID scanning from within the Sine dashboard. Navigate to Sites > Settings > iPad > ID Scanning.
2. Configure how invalid or expired ID's should be handled:
Permit - If an expired ID is presented, the ID is not able to be scanned or the visitor elects to check-in manually the check-in with continue without interruption
Require Approval - if an expired ID is presented, the ID is not able to be scanned or the visitor elects to check-in manually, the check-in request will move to accept/reject mode and must be approved/rejected by an admin for your site via the dashboard
3. Hit SAVE to confirm your configuration. If already connected, your Sine iPad will update with these settings.
4. Configure your display as per ID Scanning Method.
ID Scanning works with the rear camera on your Sine iPad (no other equipment required). In this instance, no changes are required to display settings.
If you use an ID scanning stand with scanner tray, turn on this option within your display settings. Navigate to Displays and locate the iPad you'll be using for ID scanning. Click on the cog icon to enter display settings and toggle on the 'ID License Tray' option.
On check-in, visitors will be prompted to scan their ID using the ID scanning tray.
During check-in, visitors will be prompted to scan their ID using either the rear camera or scanner attached to your stand. For more detail on this feature, see our website.
Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you have further questions.