Learn how to provision access to Sine Workflows for your team members.
Note: By default, all Team Administrators in your Sine Account account will have access to manage all of your teams Workflows. For more information on Team Administrators in Sine, please see this guide.
Workflows Access Levels
There are 3 levels of Workflows access
A Workflow Approver can have 'Global' permission (access to all Workflows on team) or 'Custom' permission (Access to specific Workflows only)
- Can view the workflow responses for all workflows they have permissions to
- Can approve/reject workflow responses for all workflows they have permissions to
- Can receive notifications when new responses are submitted to workflows they have permissions to
- Can create Admin responses to workflows on behalf of a respondent
Adding a Workflow Approver is done via the Workflows Dashboard.
Workflow Admin is a 'Global' permission and grants access to all Workflows on your team.
A Workflow Admin has the same permission as an Approver, plus:
- Can edit, create and delete all Workflows on their Team
- Can edit Workflow settings and forms
- Can view a list of team members and their permissions.
- Can invite new team members and assign them permissions on the team equal to or lower than their permission level.
- Can modify permissions assigned to team members (other than Team Admin / Team Owner)
- Can delete other team members (other than Team Admin / Team Owner)
Adding a Workflow Admin is done via the Workflows Dashboard.
Team Administrators are added via 'Teams' Tab on the Sine Dashboard (cannot be edited via Workflows). This permission is global and applies to all Workflows on your team.
A Team Administrator:
- Can access all Settings on your Team's Sine account
- Can remove any Workflows team members and change their permissions roles
- Can add team members at any permission level on the Sine platform
How to provision access
1. Login via the Workflows Dashboard
2. From the menu on the left, click 'Manage Team'
3. Click 'Add Person'
4. Enter the email address of the user you'd like to invite and click on them to confirm. Users already in your current team (eg Site Admin on Sine Dashboard) will appear without the (Add New) label. There is no difference to how you provision access.
5. Allocate the desired access role. There are two options:
Option 1: Assign a Global Access Role
You can assign the user as a 'WF ADMIN' or 'WF APPROVER' globally. This means they will have this access level for all Workflows on the Team.
Select the desired access Role and confirm by clicking Add Person.
The user will be sent an email with a link to claim their Workflows access and sign in with their existing Sine account. If they don't have an account, they will be prompted to create one.
Option 2: Custom Permissions
Custom permissions allow you to assign 'WF APPROVER' permissions to specific Workflow(s). The 'WF ADMIN' role cannot be assigned to specific Workflows and is a global role only.
Allocate the role of 'WF APPROVER' to apply to desired Workflows. No access will be granted for Workflows marked as NONE.
Confirm the access by clicking Add Person.
The user will be sent an email with a link to claim their Workflows access and sign in with their existing Sine account. If they don't have an account, they will be prompted to create one. The user will only be able to see Workflows for which they have been assigned a role.
Your new permissions will appear in the Team list:
To edit permissions or provide custom permissions for new Workflows, click on the Cog icon from within the Manage Teams page:
Use the edit popup to change or provide extra permissions as required:
SAVE your changes for them to take effect immediately.
If you have further questions on Workflows access, please contact our support team via the chat icon in the bottom right of this screen.