Sine now integrates with Skype for Business Online so your staff can receive host notifications via their Skype for business account. More detail can be found on our blog.
- The contents of this page is intended for a system administrator or IT specialist familiar with Powershell. Further, this person must have Office 365 administrator privileges for your organisation or the setup will fail. Please contact them for assistance in setting up this feature.
- This integration utilises the Skype for Business Bot Framework channel, which is currently supported for Skype for Business Online and Skype for Business Hybrid environments only. More detail on this here
1. Prior to configuring this feature, please contact Sine Support and request for the integration to be activated. You can also chat with us via the chat icon in the bottom right of this page.
2. Once activated by Sine, you'll see the 'Skype for Business Online' integration in your Site settings:
Click on the cog to configure your integration.
3. If this is your first time configuring Skype for Business with Sine, click on "Add to Skype for Business" and you'll be directed to the Skype for Business Online configuration page. Follow the instructions carefully on this page to configure Skype for Business.
If you have previously integrated Skype with Sine and wish to use the same bot email, skip to step 4.
Please note the following:
- The name given to the bot in this configuration will be seen by the end user when they receive a notification from Sine:
- The bot email entered within the Skype configuration must match the one later used in the Sine integration page.
For further support with the Skype for Business Online configuration specific to your Skype account, please contact Microsoft Support.
4. Once your configuration with Skype for Business is complete, return to the integration page in Sine to customise the following:
Bot email address
Enter the bot email address you've created for the Sine notifications. This should match the email used during step 3.
Select the visitor types you wish to receive notifications for in Skype for Business.
Select the events you wish to receive notifications for:
- Check-in Success: Host will receive a notification once their visitor has checked-in
- Check-in Approval Pending: Host will receive a notification when a visitor is here to see them and host approvals are required for your site. They must be approved via the notification email or within the Sine dashboard.
- Check-out Success: Host will receive a notification when their visitor checks-out of site.
5. Click SAVE, and then verify your configuration by sending a test message to your Skype for Business email address:
You should receive the following confirmation message:
Your Skype for Business integration is now active.
A newly registered bot can take up to 8 hours to be discoverable by all users in the Skype for Business tenant. Notifications received during this time may not behave as expected.