Installing the Printer
- Go to the Brother Printer Support & Downloads page and search for your Brother Printer model number. Alternatively, click on one of the printer models listed below:
2. Choose your Operating System from the list provided. If you are unsure, please contact your network administrator. Click the Search button once you have selected your Operating System.
3. From the list of downloads, under the Drivers section, select Printer Driver.
4. Read the notes and EULA for the Printer Driver Setup. If you agree to the notes, click on the Agree to EULA and Download button.
5. The printer driver will download and once it has completed, open the file. For QL-810W or QL-820NWB users, please skip to Step 9. For QL-720NW users, please continue to Step 6.
6. For QL-720NW users, click the Unzip button. The installer will extract the folder to the location specified. Once the “Files extracted successfully” prompt appears, clicks OK.
7. Open the folder containing the extracted files (most likely your Downloads folder). Open the folder with the same name as the text in the title bar of the WinZip window.
The above is the title bar text and the below is the folder name
8. Open this folder and run the D_SETUP.exe file.
9. Click Next to continue with the InstallShield Wizard. Note: Depending on which printer you are using, it may be necessary to select your printer model. Please ensure you select the correct model number.
10. Select Local Connection (USB).
11. Plug in the USB cable which came with your Brother printer.
12. Select Next. Your Brother printer will install to your PC.
13. Restart your PC after installing the drivers.
Your Brother Printer will now be connected to your PC and be able to print Badges straight from the SineWeb Dashboard. Please see Printing Badges & Passes for more information about this feature. If you experience any issues, contact us at [email protected] or by using the chat bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Set Up tips for Cisco networks
The following information is for Cisco networks – if you don’t know what this is, it’s not relevant to your needs.
- Add service string for Brother QL-720NW : _pdl-datastream._tcp.local.
- Controller > mDNS > General > Service Name > Other > Add
- Navigate to Controller > mDNS > Profiles and selected the default-mdns-profile to add this service.
- iPad was able to use the Brother SDK to print.