Sine Invitations module is equipped with Outlook integration, Google Calendar or iCal, inviting guests to your Site when you send them a calendar invite. For this feature to work correctly:
- The email address you are sending the calendar invite from must be the same as your Sine Host email address.
Note: In order to use this feature, please ensure the Email Calendar Invitees toggle under Site Settings>Notifications is Enabled. Contact your administrator to ensure this setting has been toggled on
To Invite guests using Google Calendar:
- Open Google Calendar.
2. From the main page, click Create
3. Enter your Meeting Subject and Meeting Time
4. Enter your Site Location
Note: Hosts at your site will not receive meeting invites
6. Add any additional information in the free text box, this will be included in the email
7. Click Save
8. You will receive an email from [email protected] asking you to confirm your meeting. (If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk email folder.)
If you have more than one Site, select the Site which you would like to invite guests to.
9. Once you have confirmed the invitation, the invitees will appear in the Invitees tab of the web dashboard
10. When your invitees accept the invite to the meeting, you will receive confirmation emails as you normally would.
Updating calendar invites - Outlook
For invitations created using the Outlook:
Changes to the time, date, attendees, subject, body text or location of an event created in Outlook can automatically be updated in Sine. To do this:
- The updates must be made in the Outlook Desktop app.
- "Send updates to all attendees" must be checked for Sine to be informed of the changes
- Hosts will be sent a new confirmation email to confirm their calendar edits, and must action this to confirm the update.
Updates made in the Outlook iPad App and Outlook Web App will not be updated in Sine.
Updating calendar invites - Google Calendar, iCal & others
Updates made to the event in Google or Apple Calendar may not be sent to Sine and therefore changes will not be reflected on the Sine dashboard. To update the invite in your Sine dashboard, delete your calendar event and create a new one with the updated details.